Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sunday Books

This being Sunday, here are a couple books I've been reading, bits at a time, over several weeks, and only on Sundays. Both are nonfiction, far from dry, and have challenged my faith and my outlook.
Let God Be God by Ray C. Stedman was originally a series of sermons on the Book of Job in the Bible. It doesn't read like a sermon at all; it's smooth, logical, and deep. This book is for anyone who has ever wondered about the story of Job and why God did what He did.
Living Beyond the Possible by Wayne Myers is a Christmas gift from my mom, and a great gift it is. About giving, and what that truly means, this little book packs a serious punch. I read chapter four this afternoon, and though I will not go into detail here, I know I will feel its impact for a great long while.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kenan,
Just visiting. Thanks for the review on the books. I will try and find them.