I missed this tag on Wednesday over at Bachelor at Wellington's blog: ten questions that help people get to know me.
So, tardy though I may be, my answers are below.
1) What I was doing 10 years ago: working my way through a new job (which I still have), helping Dad with major repairs and remodeling of my house, and taking a new direction with my life.
2) My 5 favorite snacks: (Do drinks count?) Coffee, ice cream, baked potato chips, jerky, and I can't think of a fifth right now.
3) Five things on my to-do list today: feed Dad and Gayle's dogs and chickens, mow the yard, transplant a tomato plant, go to the post office, wash dishes. (I've only accomplished three.)
4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire: (Some of mine resemble Bachelor's.) Pay off all my bills and those of my family, set up a better retirement fund than I currently have, give money to various charities with which I agree and ministries I trust, open a bookstore in my small town, start a literature and art appreciation program for young people, quit work and write for an occupation, travel a bit, finish further repairs on my house.
5) Five jobs that I've had: pet sitter, laborer for Dad's construction/remodeling business, cook at a fast-food restaurant, department store clerk, program director at a youth organization.
6) Five bad habits of mine: too much coffee, too many movies, too many books, too little sleep on work nights, and too little exercise (despite all the walking and lifting I do at work).
7) Five places I've lived: Long Beach, California; Albany, Oregon; Sweet Home, Oregon; LaPine, Oregon; Springdale, Arkansas; San Diego, California (and more).
8) Five random things people wouldn't know about me: I want to ride in a hot air balloon; I'm tutoring two children in reading this summer; I want to visit Sweden and look up relatives on my mother's side of the family; I'd like to quit my job, sell the house, and wander the country; I'm short (not quite 5'5").
9) Five CDs I'd have to have on a desert island: (I'll just list artists.) Aaron Copland, Bryn Terfel, Rich Mullins, Steven Curtis Chapman, Mozart.
10) Five people I want to know better: Some have already been mentioned by Bachelor, but I will include one on this list, anyway. So there!
For the People
Charlotte Rose (who has already included on her blog a very long, cool list of stuff she's done)