Friday, March 26, 2010

The Blue Beater

As mentioned in my previous post, my father drives an old rusty van loaded with the tools of his trade. Again, we arrived at the post office at the same time, and -- as we did earlier this week -- stood outside and talked a while.

I happened to have my camera with me, and snapped a few shots, three of which are posted below.

Hey, at 300,00 miles, it's a miracle this one runs at all!



I wish I had the cash to get him one of those utility trucks, with all those nifty compartments and storage spaces, but I'm a writer (aka "starving artist"), and my own truck has a cracked windshield that it's sported for the last few years.


Across the street from the post office is City Hall and the Fire Department. Inside the truck bay are two flags: the Arkansas flag, and the American flag. Unfortunately, my lens is too short to capture them from a distance.

Do you see a story anywhere?

2 comments:

Pappy said...

Sure Keanan, there's a story there. Probably a pretty good one too. My brother in law has an old surplus truck with the neat boxes on the sides - My sister would probably make you a good deal on it. Hee hee Pappy

Keanan Brand said...

Hey, Tex, I may just take you up on that offer! Dad was just talking to me again today about the need for a new vehicle. Maybe one manufactured in the past decade.