Friday, March 6, 2009

Friday and a Finished Draft

It's 4 a.m. on Friday morning, and I've just finished the first draft for Episode 7 of Thieves' Honor and e-mailed it to my trusty readers, who do things like correct my spelling, point out plot gaps, and fill in words I could have sworn I typed.

After several days of deadlines and a frenzied work schedule, my brain is almost too tired to function straight, but story ideas come when they will come, and sometimes at the least convenient times.

There's a half cup of cold coffee beside the keyboard. Reckon I'll dump it out, brush my teeth, and grab a few winks before the alarm clock does its annoying routine.

2 comments:

Pappy said...

Can't do cold coffee either. That's what happens when you overtire your brain - you forget to drink your coffee. Whew! Glad that's done. Hope all goes well in production of the same. Pappy

Keanan Brand said...

Cold coffee (shudder) is a nasty thing, and a waste.

I've received some feedback on the episode, and have been saved from a couple of potentially embarrassing errors, which just reinforces the need for others to read a piece before it's sent anywhere.