Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Heroic Fantasy Quarterly - First Issue!

Congrats to Dave and Adrian, my friends and fellow writers, and now the editors of a new online magazine, Heroic Fantasy Quarterly, which is now open for readers to enjoy. Wha-hoo, congrats, and all that jazz!


The Black Flowers of Sevan by James Lecky (short fiction)

Man of Moldania by Richard Marsden (short fiction)

Beyond the Lizard Gate by Alex Marshall (short fiction)

Ansel's Army by Elizabeth Barrette (poetry)

Leo Passimus Remembers His First Voyage by Danny Adams (poetry)

The fantastic artwork is by Justin Sweet, and it's a perfect match for the atmosphere of not only the website but the fiction on offer. Check it out!

7 comments:

Jeff Draper said...

Can you get the stories to load all the way? They don't seem to want to with me.

Keanan Brand said...

I just now gave the first link (the James Lecky story) a try, and it downloaded all the way to the author bio.

Are the links from my blog wonky, or are the pages on the magazine site not working? I can give the guys a holler, and see if they can work out any bugs.

Keanan Brand said...

By the way, I saw that Rage of the Behemoth is out. Whoo Hoo! I'm gonna have to go get a copy.

Jeff Draper said...

I don't know about your links yet but Lecky's story will not load all the way for me.

Keanan Brand said...

Alrighty then. I'm shooting a message to the guys. Here's hoping for mercy from the techno-gremlins!

Jeff Draper said...

Well the stories finally came up completely (they're excellent, BTW) so it must have been a temporary problem.

Keanan Brand said...

Excellent!

(I just received a reply from Dave about possible solutions to the downloading, and he recommended viewing the mag in Firefox for best results.)