Sunday, July 19, 2009

Random Family Moment

Nope. Nothing about fiction in this post, just a family moment that occurred a couple minutes ago.

The two-year-old niece is hungry, and she wants "Oly-Olies" (raviolis), but the only substitute I have for the real thing is ramen noodles. Bubba began preparations -- water in the soup pot, fire under the burner, and so forth -- then hoisted Niece #2 on his shoulders. She rested the unopened packet of noodles on Bubba's head and announced, "I want to open it, I want to squish it, I want to eat it."

Fortunately, she didn't try to smash the noodles against Bubba's head.

The noodles cannot be cooked fast enough. Sounds of distress are emanating from the two-year-old, and those can lead to distress in the rest of us.

2 comments:

Pappy said...

Microwaves are faster. I keep a good supply of Mac and cheese packets around for emergency meal requests. Pappy

Keanan Brand said...

I may need to do that!