Sunday, May 11, 2008

Sort of a Mother's Day

It's Mother's Day, but my mom has a fever, and I'm feeling a bit poorly myself.

I did go to her house this morning, gave her a card, and loaned her a book (A Pale Horse by Charles Todd)--not quite what we had planned for the day, but any day involving a good book can't be all bad.

I teased her about passing along her illness through the phone lines yesterday, and didn't stay long; the sore throat makes talking difficult.

Before I left, she warned me to get my lunch before the Baptists got out of church, or the traffic would be dense for at least half an hour. Taking her advice, I didn't go grocery shopping (which must be done soon), but--feeling like an utter hedonist--picked up a soft drink and a roast beef sandwich at a local fast food drive-thru and brought lunch home.

So, here I am, about to add to the novel. There's some cool stuff coming up, and I can hardly wait to get to that part of the story.

8 comments:

Lavinia said...

Thanks for telling us how you spent Mother's Day; I'm sorry that your mother is feeling poorly at the moment; hope it passes soon.

You must feel wonderful about the "cool" segment coming up in your book...I'm intrigued. You sound so excited to get to it. Have fun writing!

Anonymous said...

Glad you got to see you mom Keanan even though she was feeling well. OK, you've made me hungry here. I've got to go get a snack...
The Bach

Anonymous said...

Lord, love a duck...previous comment
your mom, not you mom and she wasn't feeling well not she was feeling well.
duh... double duh.. triple trah..
I did have some wine earlier.. :)
The Bach...

Lavinia said...

Bach, congrats, you're the new poster boy for the hazards of "drinking and writing" tee hee.....:)

Keanan Brand said...

So, Bach, was it a glass, or a bottle? (laughing)

I can't drink; Irish coffee makes me loopy. Apparently, I become the life of the party, and strike up conversations with perfect strangers at writing conferences. They remember me, and I have no idea who that weird guy is who comes up to me laughing about the story I told the night before.

Keanan Brand said...

Lavinia, maybe I should come up with some sort of logo: W.A.I.T., which stands for Writers Against Intoxicated Typing. Think it'll go over well?

Lavinia said...

W.A.I.T? I love it...I wish I had thought of it myself. I see a national campaign...appearances on all the talk shows...(none of which I watch, by the way...)

Let's all crack open a bottle of champagne to celebrate the launch...oh "wait", on second thought...:o)

Keanan Brand said...

(laughing) On the talk shows, we can all wear matching t-shirts with the W.A.I.T. logo, and tell our tragic tales of typing under the influence. (I drink coffee, and a lot of it, so my "influence" is caffeine, which causes jittery fingers and garbled results.)