Sunday, January 27, 2008

Pardon my absence, but...

this has been a busy week, and on top of all the busyness of business, I've been wrestling with another bout of crud, the same stuff that's been pestering me off and on since the beginning of December. This weekend, however, it hit with a vengeance. I will not go into minute detail, but I do not recall ever having a fever so high in my life, nor have my joints been in so much pain. Perhaps I should have gone to the hospital, but Mom would have had to come over and get me, and who wants to expose loved ones to nastiness?

It's a little after 7 a.m. on Sunday morning, and this is the best I've felt in two days. However, the harsh cough is still here, and I'm exhausted. Just guessing, but I've probably had some sort of pneumonia this entire time. I'll be checking in at the clinic on Monday, when I shouldn't be contagious, and probably long after the doctor can do any good, but he can at least tell me if I'm clear to return to work; I suspect, however, I'll need another day or two just to rest. The appetite is returning a little, though, so that's good.

If only I could work on the novel, though--that would be real progress!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back. Go directly to the doctor - do not pass go and pay two hundred dollars (to the doctor). Take one X-Ray and one Z-Pack and call me when your bank account recovers.

Keanan Brand said...

(laughing) Yeah, I try to avoid doctors whenever possible. They're nice people, sure, but those bills! I'm dreading the very idea of going to the clinic. On the other hand, I'm really tired of this crud. Not exactly my idea of spending my time off, ya know? I already missed a day of work Saturday, and I foresee missing Monday and possibly Tuesday, too. Not cool.

Eaglewing said...

Hope you're feeling better soon. Probably a good idea to get it checked, fevers can be dangerous.

Still, I don't go to the docs either for a bug - had a bad one last September and missed work for the first time in a long time. Wasn't nice, but sometimes the body just has to shut it down for a while and heal. Lay in bed and watch some movies instead of working isn't all bad.

Keanan Brand said...

Doc doesn't know if it's pneumonia or just bad bronchitis. I have medicine and a doctor's note for my absences, and may return to work tomorrow, if I feel I can do so.

I've watched a large, eclectic mix of movies, too: 3:10 to Yuma (my favorite of the bunch), Stardust, Rescue Dawn (pretty good), Shoot 'Em Up, Waitress (just couldn't get into that one), Unhitched (funny, a bit Cyrano de Bergerac), and a few others.

Today, however, I think I will try writing again.