Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Wednesday

Had to "be the boss" today at work by reminding a teenage employee that she answers to me, not the other way around. I hate doing that sort of thing, but it has to be done, or else business would not function as it should, smelly attitudes would continue to stink, and the inmates would run the asylum.

Anyway, I plan on going home in a few minutes and doing some writing--after fortifying myself with food and drink and perhaps a few rounds of Addiction Solitaire.

2 comments:

Pappy said...

Yeah, fortify with some french fried taters with mustard, and a big cup of astronomically weak coffee. Pop "Slingblade" in the DVD again and do a little sharpening on the old lawn mower blade. That'll make you feel like nobody can push you around.

Keanan Brand said...

Yeah! Gotta assert myself!

Actually, I've little patience for a kid who thinks she's got the world figured out and knows more than her supervisor, who has twenty years of living and ten years of Club work over her sixteen years and her two-month employment. She brings her boyfriend drama with her, too, so I had to ban her from the cell phone during work hours--"Leave it in the car, or leave it in your purse"--and the other supervisor had to restrict her computer access. We're so mean.