Thursday, March 20, 2008

What a Geek Am I

Just finished rewriting an old scene in which a man faces off with a dragon, with nothing more than a dagger as a defense. Sounds impossible, right? During the first few runs at it, I started thinking it was impossible, too. I wanted the action short, plausible, and exciting. And, in this instance, I needed the guy to win. What I ended up with was a workable scene, but it felt a little too deus ex machina.

This time, however--this time--it more than works. It kicks some big, bad, dragon butt.

Whoo Hoo!

I think I'll reward myself by going to bed before 4:00 a.m.; the earliest I've been all week is 3-ish. Four hours or less of sleep per night is not conducive to creativity.

On the other hand, in times like this when I'm feeling the high, I can write all night and well past sunup. If only this wasn't Thursday....

2 comments:

Pappy said...

Thursday is possibly the only real solid work day in the entire week. Enjoy. I no longer mark my weeks by days. If it weren't for the newspaper, I wouldn't know what day it is. hee hee

Keanan Brand said...

Yeah, rub it in.

Retired. Tire again. Why would someone do that to themselves? Should that time of life be kinda like a retread? Getting a new grip on things?